This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where is Bootloader Unlock Tool? Where are Security Updates for Zenphone 9?

ToKrCZ
Star III

What needs to be done to get any official statement from ASUS? 

As owner of this device I request clear answers with dates to these questions:

1. Where is Bootloader Unlock Tool?

2. Where are Security Updates for Zenphone 9?

I can clarify further if you do not understand these questions.

29 REPLIES 29

you keep it as it is, the other who pretends companies keep the words they said will still press to them

benjamin10
Star III

Good stance – but never heard a word of Asus till today – I don´t think that they at any rate feel our discussion here "pressing". – I doubt that they even read it 😉

benjamin10
Star III

I am currently writing with the developers from Lineage OS as to remove it from the officially supported list. ...

https://gitlab.com/LineageOS/issues/android/-/issues/6443

I agree, it has taken too long for there really to be anything happening other than stalling for fictitious reasons, having said that they recently put the kernel source on their web site again which is a strange thing to do if you don't want developers to be interested!

Shame, nice hardware lousy support.

Since third party development is an important part of the android community, not releasing the already announced bootloader unlock, since many want to install different software on their phone, because android is made for this, it would be an outrage to the users and really not they would trust the brand more. So I don't think it would happen but who knows. The thing is that they said they would do it