This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vibration ONLY in Google keyboard.

Craksy
Star I

This is another one of the long list of annoying, Asus specific bugs/features. There are many apps in which haptics are used. However, in Zenfone 9, you got to enable haptic/vibration globally by setting the following greater than zero: Settings>Sound & Vibration>Vibration & haptics>Touch feedback.

The problem is if Touch feedback is nonzero, unwanted System UI haptics follows, such as when swiping up to close an app from recents and when tapping navigation button. If Haptic feedback for tap, keyboard and more is turned off then haptics in system UI is off, but also in app haptic doesn't work.

So how can I make sure haptics is enabled in only apps in Zenfone 9 and not in the system UI? I need haptic feedback in apps, but don't want any haptics when touching navigation buttons etc. Is it even possible? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Mansi_ASUS

Hey @Craksy,
I don't think it's possible to enable haptics only in apps, and not in system UI. However, I have forwarded your feedback to the R&D team.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Mansi_ASUS

Hey @Craksy,
I don't think it's possible to enable haptics only in apps, and not in system UI. However, I have forwarded your feedback to the R&D team.