This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

URGENT: Really poor call quality, people on other side can't hear

zenfonenineuser
Star III

People on other side keep saying that they can hardly hear me through Zenfone 9, it keeps cutting out. However I do hear them fine.  Why on earth has Asus not fixed this yet? How can you live with such a frustrating phone where you can't even make phone calls properly?? What's interesting is that if they call me back there's less disturbance, it may be a clue for you.

I also don't have Volte/4g calling option under settings>network & internet>call even though it's available on other devices using same sim!

8 REPLIES 8

tochmi
Zen Master I

I wrote it in another thread: in the call recordings your voice is heard well? If someone else uses the phone, is it also misheard? It must be ruled out that the size of the phone does not adapt well to your physical morphology (a simple earring in the ear can unlock a screen and cause the call to end unexpectedly)

The VoLTE has been talked about a lot in these forums, the first thing you have to know if the operator has certified this phone model. In my case it is certified and works perfectly.

Hey @zenfonenineuser,

I have reported the issue to R&D. However, could you please share a log file?

Please follow the below steps to enable the built-in log tool (Bug reporter).
1.  Open “Calculator APP”
2.  Enter “.19595+=”
3.  Select the Log type according to the type of issue you want to capture. “Sound, call audio, and recording”
4.  After your selection the log tool will exit so you can duplicate the issue or wait for it to happen. Try to use the screen recorder to show your issue when possible. If you can't screen record your issue, then please take a screenshot right after the issue has occurred (as a timestamp) so we know where to look in the log.
5.  Navigate back to the log tool via calculator and Tap "FINISH AND SHARE".
6. It takes several minutes for the log to generate. You can exit and do other stuff in the meantime. A silent notification will tell you once the process is done. Tap the notification and then the share button to upload the file to Google Drive and share the link with a moderator. Just make sure to change the permission first so that everyone with the link has permission to view it.
Note: When you're no longer planning on logging your device, enter “.09595+=” in the calculator and the log tool will stop as well as deleting all stored log files. Make sure to share via calculator. The files found in internal storage -> asus_log are not the correct files (they are only 1.2kb)

You can share the log file with me via PM.

Have you lost your mind? How on earth is someone in a situation to collect logs and record screen when they're in a phonecall, other side cannot hear and trying best to ensure they can hear? Should I get ready to collect logs instead of redialing them? Nonsense! 

Widura
Star II

Same here. And until now there is no update to fix this bug