Did you mean: 

Screen stopped working - works only when incoming calls

Ida_G_Sol
Star I
Model Name: Zenfone 9, 16 GB, 256 GB,
Firmware Version: Dk
Rooted or not: Not
Frequency of Occurrence: Always
Suddenly the screen stopped working. Phone looks dead and it is not possible to turn off or turn on the phone with the power button. BUT the screen turns on when there are incoming calls and I can then answer them. But nothing happen when I push any icon on the call screen (contacts .i.e.) The screen also turns on if I take out the SIM-card with the No SIM-card message.
I have had downloaded a sw update a few days ago. But I haven´t had time to restart the phone after downloading it yet. Could that have caused this? Is there a hardware reset button combo?
4 REPLIES 4

Ida_G_Sol
Star I
I managed to restart phone while keeping on + volume down for 10+ seconds. Then the phone updated to Android 13 - without my permission. But after that everything worked normally, including the screen. No photos or saved user files were missing or so. So problem solved which is great! 😀

AlexanderK
Star III
Ida G Sol

I managed to restart phone while keeping on + volume down for 10+ seconds. Then the phone updated to Android 13 - without my permission. But after that everything worked normally, including the screen. No photos or saved user files were missing or so. So problem solved which is great! 😀

View post
you have been registered for android 13 beta testing?

Ida_G_Sol
Star I
AlexanderK

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/238745#Comment_238745

you have been registered for android 13 beta testing?

View post
Yes, but that was a while ago. Didn´t everyone got Android 13 by now? 😗

AlexanderK
Star III
Ida G Sol

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/238800#Comment_238800

Yes, but that was a while ago. Didn´t everyone got Android 13 by now? 😗

View post
no i haven't received it