cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rooted Zenfone 9 | Not charging except fast charging| Update fail

nustak1
Star I

Hello
I am facing these ridiculous problems with my zenfone 9.

The phone wont charge unless it is PD supported fast charger. So cant charge with USB A to type C cable and/or with any regular non PD supported charger. Also when connected to computer via cable, it would not connect most of the times. Sometimes, when it would connect, the computer wont recognize it. I have already tried cleaning it. Once it started charging with a non PD cable/charger after a restart. a couple of times it was detected by the computer (but not recognized) after I restarted on safe mode and then regular mode.
I think its some software bug so I am trying to update to A14 and hopefully fix it.

I have rooted this phone previously, so I cant update the via OTA. I copied the firmware to the internal storage. It is detecting the update zip file automatically. But the update is failing.

2 REPLIES 2

absartariq123
Star III

Rooted or unrooted. So many people on zentalk and reddit have the same problem. Yet, there isnt any solution available. "Use original charger and cable" What if it breaks? Also it isnt connecting to the PC with the original charger either. Zenfone 9, the last of asus' device I'll ever buy

nustak1
Star I

@nustak1 wrote:

Hello
I am facing these ridiculous problems with my zenfone 9.

The phone wont charge unless it is PD supported fast charger. So cant charge with USB A to type C cable and/or with any regular non PD supported charger. Also when connected to computer via cable, it would not connect most of the times. Sometimes, when it would connect, the computer wont recognize it. I have already tried cleaning it. Once it started charging with a non PD cable/charger after a restart. a couple of times it was detected by the computer (but not recognized) after I restarted on safe mode and then regular mode.
I think its some software bug so I am trying to update to A14 and hopefully fix it.

I have rooted this phone previously, so I cant update the via OTA. I copied the firmware to the internal storage. It is detecting the update zip file automatically. But the update is failing.

i got this... https://mobdro.bio/