This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Others" Battery Drainage Possible Cause

Biggie
Rising Star I

So i made a similare post a few months ago in hopes of someone finding a fix or at least a cause behind it all. Well i did in fact find a fix for it and possibly whats causing it. The fix was just to factory reset the phone. Had AMAZING battery life after the reset, BUT only for a few days. Its been 7 days since i reset the phone and its back to "normal" with "Others" draining the battery once again. 

The thing is, within the span of the issue coming back and the battery draining i also got myself a nice pair of Bluetooth headphones for work. So i believe Bluetooth is behind "Others" draining the battery. Before i got the headphones i could easily get 6h SOT with 14-17h idle. WITH Bluetooth enabled for 6-7h a day i can barely get 4h like before. Checking the battery graph however reveals that Bluetooth have only used MAX 5% throughout the day, while "Others" are back at 20-25%. Im going to check if not using Bluetooth for an entire day allows me to get those 6h SOT back.

Should also note that before i factory reset the phone, the only time i actually had issues with "others" draining the battery was while i was driving around with my car, WITH Bluetooth enabled for music. Seems kinda suspicious that the issue came back when i finally started using Bluetooth again.

In short: factory reset gave me great battery life. Got Bluetooth headphones so Bluetooth was active for 6-7h a day, Bluetooth however only used 5% battery while "others" are back at 20-25%.

14 REPLIES 14

Biggie
Rising Star I

Got a screenshot after a day at work with Bluetooth enabled for almost 7h. Before i started using Bluetooth i could EASILY have 40-50% left around the same time as in the screenshot. What the actual **bleep** are you doing Asus?

Biggie
Rising Star I

Back again with some more results. Spent Saturday testing the phone without using Bluetooth at all. And holy **bleep**...

"Other" only used like 1-2% over the whole day. I even managed to get 7h SoT. So it seems like using Bluetooth triggers something in the background which then EATS the battery.

Today Ive used Bluetooth once again for 6-7 hours to listen to music while working. And just like before, "others" is back again with eating the battery. 15% used by "others". Fully charged 9h ago, down to 34% with 2.5h of SoT...

Asus please actually do something about this **bleep**.

The same thing is on zenfone 8, you might be onto something, because I am using mi band and it seems to be also draining battery, especially when using sleep as android over night. I will try it one if days with Bluetooth disabled. 

DearAn
Star III

I can for sur confirm this. There is a drastic difference in battery life when Bluetooth is on or off. My watch is connected to the phone at all times, and turning the Bluetooth is not an option for me. I sure hope Asus fixes this in an update, otherwise I'm afraid this is my first and last Asus phone. Really not satisfied with the software part of it, lot's of bugs and quirks.