b_preslavski
Star III
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Zenfone 9
Firmware Version: 32.2050.2050.34
Rooted or not:no
Frequency of Occurrence: non stop
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
Hi. Since this morning, the icon for localization in the status bar stays on constantly. Before that it used to appear only when some program was using the gps to set my location(maps, weather, s.o.). No new programs installed, killed all programs which might be using location, except Google(because I can't) and it keeps staying on. Also an update came, but it's the same. I have 3 programs that are allowed to use location, and only they appear in the list of apps that have used location recently.
Is this a new, unwanted feature, a bug, or something suspicious is happening? The battery doesn't seem affected, so I guess the icon stays on, because location is on. But what's the point to see it, while nothing uses location, and how to know if an app updates location, if the icon is always on?
21 REPLIES 21

b_preslavski
Star III
Just removed the chrome and brave permissions, and problem fixed. Tried to restore their permissions to see which one was the cause, but the problem didn't replicate... So for now it's ok

b_preslavski
Star III
For my great disappointment, it seems the disappearance of the icon was a coincidence. This morning it is on again. Chrome is disabled, brave should ask for location(i suspected these two). And nothing removes it this time, except stopping location.
Edit - changed this time the stock weather permission for location and icon disappeared.
The worse is, the phone had a "random restart", like from the other topic, while charging during the night.

daniventu
Star I
Was looking for someone with the same issue but could not find a dedicated issue since the object is very cryptic.
I'm experiencing the same issue and cannot remove the location icon in any way except by turning localization off.

Mansi_ASUS
Hey @b.preslavski & @daniventu
I have reported the issue related to the location icon to the R&D team. I'll get back to you as soon as I hear from them.