This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Zenfone 9 seems to have bricked and died on me.

wooyo0
Star I

I was using it as normal yesterday, connected to the computer, when the screen suddenly stopped responding and, after 30 seconds, dimming to black. Tried holding down the keys to restart it countless times, but no dice. All this the night before a much awaited gig too. I guess I'm gonna haveta RMA the mother**bleep**er now.

For anyone with experience of RMA, did you get your issue fixed with your data intact?

2 REPLIES 2

Mansi_ASUS

Hey @wooyo0,
Try force-starting the phone by long pressing the power and volume key for 15 seconds. If it doesn't work then I'd recommend you contact your nearest Asus service center. 

username1
Star I

Same happened to mine. Sometime between 8th and 9th of September (23:00-07:00 UTC). Didn't observe how it happened. No reaction when connecting chargers. No reaction to holding the power button for 15+ seconds. No reaction when holding the power + volume down buttons for 15+ seconds. No reaction when holding the power + volume up buttons for 15+ seconds. No reaction when holding the power + volume down and up buttons for 15+ seconds. Tried these options with and without charger connected.