This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Locked out after system update

drbb
Star II

This morning (March 8 2024) my Zenphone 9 phone asked me to update the system files. I obliged and then it rebooted and asked for my PIN. My PIN is NOT  accepted. I know it's correct.

What now?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

drbb
Star II

Wiped the phone and spent days adding in all my MS Authentator credentials again for all my clients (very tedious). I noticed that when scanning the QR code for authenticator it was out of focus so I rebooted. It locked me out AGAIN.

I am asking for my money back as I can't spend a week installing all credentials only to be locked out AGAIN.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

drbb
Star II

Asus help just said reset the phone and wipe everything. I KNOW my PIN. Will I have to wipe mu phone each time there is a system update? NOT impressed

drbb
Star II

Wiped the phone and spent days adding in all my MS Authentator credentials again for all my clients (very tedious). I noticed that when scanning the QR code for authenticator it was out of focus so I rebooted. It locked me out AGAIN.

I am asking for my money back as I can't spend a week installing all credentials only to be locked out AGAIN.