This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lagging in virtual keyboard input

Rayo
Star I

It is found that lagging in text input when using virtual whatever sometime it won't happen. It seems that it still lags after restarting the ZenFone 9. Scan and memory clean are also performed.

Please advise.

Thanks.

6 REPLIES 6

Mansi_ASUS

Hey @Rayo,
Can you please share a screenshot or a screen recording of the issue?

Also, can you please share your device's FW version?

Screenshot_20231012-203641_Settings.jpg

Screenshot_20231012-203622_Settings.jpg

Screenshot_20231012-203719_System_update.jpg

•  I think you can't see the lagging even it is recorded, but I can really feel it. It is a new brought phone for one month, it is smooth in typing at first, and later it lags, but somehow it disappear for some days, but now it appears again. Thank you for your concern.

based on my experiences, I also have the same problem with lagging in text input when using a virtual keyboard after updating the firmware to .142 (new initial firmware Android 13 updates). Sometimes it won't happen the lag but it getting annoying for daily usage

so I downgraded my firmware to .38 (the last firmware Android 12 updates) and the problem does not happen again

Sadly, all old firmware on Asus web was gone forever without an official announcement to the user.

thats true , i have problem too . and still lag for latest release . oh come on sir  @Mansi_ASUS