This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

idle battery usage increase "other" after the last update

Sibbi
Star I

I just did the new update on my ZenFone 9 (16/256). I had problems with "other" using up like 40% battery while doing nothing before (February 23). Back in march I fixed it for me after an update and turning off the weather widget (because it used gps data every minute or so). Without GPS and Bluetooth "other" went to 0% or something around that...at least not noticeable. Now with the new update "other" is back draining my battery like crazy. No gps or bluetooth involved. I changed nothing else to be precice. I restarted a few times but I can't fix it anymore. Was thinking about factory reset but it's so annoying with all my apps that need to be registered again (some even by sending codes via an envelope to my adress for extra safety....as it might as well be a different device then)

I bought the phone because it lasted long and has a great size but with it dying on me now all the time, without actually doing someting... I am very frustrated. Especially since it just started after the update.

12 REPLIES 12

Sibbi
Star I

I currently have no 'clean' 100-0 data since I charged it up recently. But it still shows the problem I encounter. Language is german but I can change that if necessary.

photo_2023-08-29_13-48-54.jpg

photo_2023-08-29_13-48-49.jpg

Biggie
Rising Star I

Too bad my issue kinda solved itself. I cant say for sure what actually changed or fixed my battery drainage. It kinda disappeared after a week or two of usage, although id say its most likely background android apps reconfiguring themselves after the update. Im pretty certain my issue appeared after i updated the phone and then just let it do it thing for a few days. So id say wait a few more days and hopefully it will fix itself.

Although there are still some things you can change now that MAY help the battery in the future. I recently found a post about a "hidden setting" within developer options on Android 13. Cant say if it worked or not, but ive not noticed any bad things by having it enabled so its worth a shot. 

https://www.reddit.com/r/oneui/comments/r9rqyp/enable_suspend_execution_for_cached_apps_saves_so/

Id also let it fully charge to 100% instead if you have locked it to 80 or 90%. Not really like those options actually helped the battery health on my zenfone 9 :,(

AccuBattery states 88% battery health after 8 months of slow charging with a 90% charge limit. Id just use the slow charging and let the battery charge to 100%, you get like 40 more mins of SoT.

Sibbi
Star I

Thanks for all the replies so far. I enabled developer options earlier this year because I wanted to change animations. I came across some app backround settings as well back then but didn't know what to change. Either there or in the regular app permissions settings I noticed the weather widget doing funky stuff in the background which solved my problem in march.

I've just tried this: https://www.reddit.com/r/oneui/comments/r9rqyp/enable_suspend_execution_for_cached_apps_saves_so/

I am going to update here if anything changes.

Please do report. Because ... doesn't 'suspend execution' actually prevent background apps from restarting, i.e., seriously impact notifications? 

Ive had it enabled for  aout 2 weeks now and Ive gotten all my notification without issues so far. Altough what you are saying might still be correct. I just found an advice online and followed it.