cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm thinking of getting a Zenfone 9

shree083
Star I

Hi!

I've had HTC phones as my last two phones. My Incredible S lasted 5 years (and could've been used longer if the app storage wasn't so small on it). My HTC 10 is still going strong after 6.5 years. It's been repaired once, but I'm very happy with it overall.

I'm in a bind, though, as it's really hard to find phones that aren't largish. Right now, the Zenfone 9 is a pretty decent size for me, and it looks like the Zenfone 10 will be larger. I'm thinking of preemptively getting a new phone because I don't know when another good one will be available, and I don't know how much longer my HTC 10 will last. The only other option I'm considering is a Google Pixel 7 or 7a.

What is the expected lifespan of an Asus Zenfone? I'm a fairly light user, so I'm not constantly recharging it (my HTC 10 lasted 3 days when it was new; I'm still getting 2 days, but that's with a replacement battery). I never drop my phone, either. Can I get 6+ years out of an Asus phone? I've heard they had battery problems in the past. Has that been resolved? Also, how good are they at keeping parts and batteries available down the road (ie. 3 or 4 years)?

If you have any thoughts how the longevity of the Zenfone compares to the Pixel, that would be appreciated, too.

Thanks!

1 REPLY 1

ZenBot
Community Manager
Community Manager
Thread automatically closed due to inactivity. If the reported issue has not been resolved or you require further assistance from one of our moderators, please create a new thread and we will be with you shortly.