This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Durability of the Zenfone 9?

imrankatela
Star I

Just wondering how's been the general wear and tear of this phone on the outside from daily use?

I've had my phone 3 days now and just love it without a case, one of the first phones I've had that feels secure in my hands not slipping around so thinking I'll go without a case. I went with my OnePlus 5T not case for couple years and that was fine got scratches on the back but that was a full metal back.

I've heard the colours can wear off I've got white but that's not an issue. But more scratches drops etc and haven't seen any full durability test online. Is a screen protector needed, as with the slight curve on it seems hard to find a good screen protector.

2 REPLIES 2

tochmi
Zen Master I

I've been using the phone without a case for 6 months. So far I have never dropped. The edge of the lenses has not been scratched and I always put the phone with the screen facing up. Regarding the back cover, I'm not so happy. All text and symbols have been erased, except for the triangle between the proncipal lens and the LED. The appearance of the material is very dirty and I take great care of the phone. But I prefer it that way instead of a rear glass.

The material that Asus should use is the plastic that Nokia used in the Lumia 1020 with a hard and rubbery touch and did not deteriorate as much as this. More durable. 

The color I like most about ZF9 is white and I already asked the official service if I could change it with them to keep my 3-year warranty. They said no. 

You have the white, do not you stain the corners by wear?

ZenBot
Community Manager
Community Manager
Thread automatically closed due to inactivity. If the reported issue has not been resolved or you require further assistance from one of our moderators, please create a new thread and we will be with you shortly.