cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Circular spots in screen glass

mmarci
Star II

Hi,

I bought my phone early this year and recently noticed some spots appearing on the device's screen. I tried to clean them as I thought those might be some smudge stuck there but it seems they are within the screen. Likely some delamination of one of the layers, at this point these are pretty noticeable and really disturbing when I use the phone generally in sunlight. Sometimes indoors as well, depending on the lighting.

Is this covered by the warranty?

Overall I already have mixed feeling about the phone due to the fact that it can unlock when I put it in my pocket despite the fact that I try to not touch the on/off button and have pocket mode active, and this have been noted on multiple threads already, which could (or more likely should) be addressed in a software update.

But this is an unacceptable level of quality issue after just half a year of use...

20230817_075717733_iOS.jpg

10 REPLIES 10

No physical damage happened to the phone, thats the part i'm upset about. Normal use with pocket storage, no drops, no cleaning agent.

tochmi
Zen Master I

Hello @mmarci!

With the side button you may help by configuring the option to unlock only by pressing and not by tapping and pressing.

Screenshot_20230817-104744_Settings.jpg

The bubbles on the screen I understand that you do not have a glass or polycarbonate screen projector, right? 

If you do not have it and it is a defect of the screen, they have to repair it with the guarantee. 

Set up that way, i was able to reduce the occurence of the isse by disabling wake on picking up phone but still it happens from time to time. Never had similar issues with my prior phones

Disabling the option to turn on the screen when lifting it is a good solution. And if you add the just pressing of the button, the screen does not have to be activated. 

It has happened to me that I had to change the way I grabbed the phone when taking it out of my pocket, because when I put it in or out I touched the button and unlocked it. I always keep it in my left pocket and the fingerprints I use are from my right hand, for example. 

Also, no screen protector, I use a hefty case to protect from any major damage as seen on the pic added