[BUG] - Extremely annoying and unnecessary rotate button suggestion

Ace2099
Star III

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Zenfone 9
Firmware Version: WW_33.0804.2060.142
Rooted or not: Not rooted
Frequency of Occurrence: 80% of the time
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): ZenUI and most of the apps
========================================

Hi,

Every time the "rotation" option is disabled, but the phone is in landscape mode, a rotate button ( the one contained in the red square from bottom left from the uploaded screenshot ) will always, but freaking always appear, and there is no way to disable it in the system.

From my understanding this is an original android implementation, but isn't there any option at all to disable this at all? How come other Android devices ( such as Samsung for example ) managed to disable this from appearing? 

There should be an option to enable or disable this, or for example disable it at all, as we already have the rotate option and can enable it whenever we want.

5 REPLIES 5

MrAvenger
Rising Star II

i wouldnt be calling this a bug but Asus version of the implentation.

AhmadRehan98
Star III

Install ADB, allow usb debugging

Open a cmd in the directory and after typing "adb devices" and giving permission on your phone, write

"adb shell settings put secure show_rotation_suggestions 0"

To turn off the rotation circle that pops up 

@AhmadRehan98  you're a lifesaver, did not even thought about trying to disable it through ADB.
Indeed it works as expected. It would be great though, for other users maybe, to have this setting directly in the phone menu.

Thank you again for your help!

tochmi
Zen Master I

It's something I've never noticed, but when you try to reproduce your problem, that balloon automatically hides within a few seconds. 

I captured my phone on video. This link will only work for 10 days:

https://ydray.com/get/t/16880700823428nLXD9d1c6ce24fa0rN