Battery overheating

matisku
Star II

Hi, 

Model Name: ZenFone 9 

Firmware Version: WW_33.0804.2060.142

Rooted or not: no

Frequency of Occurrence: Every charge

Hi, I have an issue with the phone overheating in summer when charging. The temperature goes up to 37°C. I have steady charge active but it doesn't seem like it's charging steadily because the phone is charged to 80% in 40 minutes. Looks like the steady charge isn't even working. I am afraid this might damage my battery life in the future. This overheating didn't happen back in April/ May. Any suggestions? 

Also I noticed the phone easily overheats when I use Instagram for 20 minutes or so.  Can this be the sign of damaged battery?

4 REPLIES 4

tochmi
Zen Master I

@matisku wrote:

Any suggestions? 

Yes, wait for winter or April/May... 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Charge your phone in a cooler area of those 37ºC. If you put it to charge to the sun it may explode. 

Read page 2 of the instruction manual:

Captura de pantalla 2023-07-21 123338.png

landsome
Rising Star II

Get a utility that can monitor battery temperatures (e.g. AccuBattery, but there are many others) - and report the readings. If possible, try at low as well as high ambient temperatures (e.g. 20*C and 37*C) and compare. 

sunny1241
Star III

and in my country room temperature some time touch 40c 🙄 ur phone will be fine, just put your phone well ventilated place during charging... and yes when weather is too hot phone take long time to charge 🥴

Don't think it will be fine. Last night the battery temperature got up to 42°C. And this morning I looked at the back and it looks swollen.