This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto-reboot when connected to Internet

ebill
Star II

Yesterday (March 18th) I noticed that my phone began auto-rebooting literally every 5 seconds.  Lock screen would come up, I get maybe 5 seconds before screen went black with an Asus logo, a Zenfone screen then comes up, then lock screen for 5 seconds and repeat.  I've learned that the problem stops when I disconnect from any internet access, so if Wifi/Data is off, the phone is fine.  I can call, text, get GPS, nothing seems off, but if I turn Wifi or data back on, the problem instantly comes back.

I also tried removing the SIM card, which does resolve the issue.  The phone can connect to Wifi and no auto-reboot problem comes up.  Any ideas of what would cause this?  A redditor here  had a similar issue and thought it might have come from updating from Android 13 to 14?  They also said that the issue resolved itself after opening some storage up.  I have ~50 Gb free, I don't really think that's the issue.  

8 REPLIES 8

DM with log file sent! 

Update? Revert to android 13 possible until fixed? Need my phone working asap.

marcelito
Star I

same problem, I tried everything I believe, nothing works

Seems like it may be an Android 14 thing? It's happening to this person too 

https://zentalk.asus.com/t5/zenfone-9/zenfone-9-rebooting-since-update/td-p/421067