dan23
Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Zenfone 9
Firmware Version: 4.5.3
Rooted or not: Not rooted
Frequency of Occurrence: Always present
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
I have a problem connecting to 5G, or at least a visual problem. My area has 5G, my mobile services provider has 5G access, on my old phone (Samsung Note 9) i had 5G present all the time on the current provider. Basically i removed the card from the old phone that had 5G and LTE showing on notification bar and i put it inside Zenfone 9 when i bought it and it wont go to 5G. It always shows 4G
Again, i do have acces to 5g in the area and i did select on my SIM settings to enable 5G, but it just wont connect to it, EVER.
Any tips? Do i return the phone and never touch Asus phones again? Or is there something i can do?
I am kind of sick of my waiting 30 seconds for an internet page to charge (when on my Note with 5g it took 2 seconds)
========================================

8 REPLIES 8

tochmi
Zen Master I
dan23

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:

1. Model Name: Zenfone 9
  2. Firmware Version: 4.5.3
  3. Rooted or not: Not rooted
  4. Frequency of Occurrence: Always present
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):

I have a problem connecting to 5G, or at least a visual problem. My area has 5G, my mobile services provider has 5G access, on my old phone (Samsung Note 9) i had 5G present all the time on the current provider. Basically i removed the card from the old phone that had 5G and LTE showing on notification bar and i put it inside Zenfone 9 when i bought it and it wont go to 5G. It always shows 4G

Again, i do have acces to 5g in the area and i did select on my SIM settings to enable 5G, but it just wont connect to it, EVER.

Any tips? Do i return the phone and never touch Asus phones again? Or is there something i can do?

I am kind of sick of my waiting 30 seconds for an internet page to charge (when on my Note with 5g it took 2 seconds)

========================================

Asus Zenfone 9 wont show me 5g
Firmware version 4.5.3?? Please, search a largue number like this 33.0804.2050.73.
5G works fine for me. Ensure about yor service provider its compatible with almost one of this bands implemented on Zenfone 9:
5G Non-Standalone (NSA): n1, n2, n3, n5, n7, n8, n12, n20, n28, n38, n77, n78
5G Standalone (SA): n1, n2, n3, n5, n7, n8, n12, n20, n28, n38 , n77, n78
My Zenfone 9 with O2 right now:
screenshot-20230103-193228-microsoft-launcher-1.jpg

tochmi
Zen Master I
Wrong number version. Check correct number like this 33.0804.2050.73.
Ensure about yor service provider its compatible with almost one of this bands implemented on Zenfone 9:
5G Non-Standalone (NSA): n1, n2, n3, n5, n7, n8, n12, n20, n28, n38, n77, n78
5G Standalone (SA): n1, n2, n3, n5, n7, n8, n12, n20, n28, n38 , n77, n78
My Zenfone 9 right now:
screenshot-20230103-193228-microsoft-launcher-1.jpg

Xtechi
Star II
I entered the APN settings manually in order to have 5G
Still no VOLTE though 😔

Hey @Xtechi 

Can you please share your FW version?