This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS "Unlock Device App"

T3chDelicious
Star II

Since my question was deleted in an open thread by the moderators I open my own. Many customers are facing the problem that they can't unlock their devices with the official app by ASUS (probably server down) and the moderators seems do doge every post or question about it but I will it try it again to ask.

If a moderator reads this - please be transparent about this topic. Many of your customers can't unlock their phones because of this issue and no further information is given to us. This problem exist now over a month and still there is no official information about this. Many people would be very thankful if a moderator would give us more insight about this and on when this issue will be fixed or if it ever will be fixed. 

ASUS as a big company should doing better with this kind of situation. And as a owner of a ASUS smartphone - it is our right to unlock the bootloader of said phones so resolving this issue should have some priority and most importantly - it should be resolved.

Much thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Mansi_ASUS

Hey everyone,
The unlock tool is being updated and is expected to re-launch during Q3 of this year.

View solution in original post

52 REPLIES 52

TherionRO
Star III

I also contacted them and I dont got any good answers,I need to unlock my phone to fully use it,im stuck on my older devices because of this stupid crap. Over a month without any official answers from Asus,I don't understand why they cant just add a toggle in the bootloader mode to unlock it offline like all the other companies,why they really wanna know the exact status of our devices? This is so garbage i am so tired of waiting.

That bothers me also the most that you just cant unlock the bootloader like on other companies over fastboot so we don't have this problem in the first place.  I just begin to believe that it's pointless to wait longer - and I have no other choice but to return the phone. Without root there's no way to hold on the Zenfone 9. It's really just a shame - its such a beautiful phone with nice specs in a compact form. And it hurts so much that ASUS and/or the support and moderators just simply don't care.

Yes,you are 100% right. I cant return my rog phone 7 ultimate as I have it from the first day of it release,I wouldnt return it because I love it too much, everything just works,but an unlocked bootloader with full root acces is also required for me. I hope this wont take too much any longer.

informaticon12
Star II

oh well almost 2 months since "the server" it's under maintenance this smells like locking devices with stock android software, don't you, it's a shame bcz it's my first time with Asus device and so far it's just bad, as bad as Motorola or no brand phones with the software, jeez the AliExpress Chinese clones had less bugs that this device, almost 1 year since the camera it's a disaster and here we are, same oversaturated and oversharpened pictures from the great lense in the main camera, gcam make it work way better, so isn't like it's a bad camera, just bad software

but hey I'm glad isn't overheating or over voting the CPU 🤣