This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App freeze on first opening after android 14 update.

DearAn
Star III

This by far the worse android system I have ever had on any phone. So much bugs and freezes, that it's unbelievable.  Asus should do much much better.

After the update to android 14, a lot of apps just freeze when opening them, I just go to home and open them again, and they work. 

Does anyone else have this problem or an idea how to fix it? I really don't know where to start. Maybe something to do with the power saving or similar.

I attached a screenshot what it looks like. It shows just the wallpaper and the top bar when opening the app. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

landsome
Rising Star II

I did not have this problem. But Nova 7 is notoriously unreliable with Android 14. So either install 8 beta 14, or switch to the stock launcher for a while to see if you encounter the same issues. (I still have minor issues with 8b14 but not with the stock launcher or Lawnchair.)  

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

landsome
Rising Star II

I did not have this problem. But Nova 7 is notoriously unreliable with Android 14. So either install 8 beta 14, or switch to the stock launcher for a while to see if you encounter the same issues. (I still have minor issues with 8b14 but not with the stock launcher or Lawnchair.)  

Oh, thank you...i think that did the trick. Gosh, it's so frustrating with all these software and OS versions, the tempo of releasing new versions is so quick that they always release an unfinished product.