This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adaptive brightness

sipahi061
Star III
I've got the Zenfone 9 8GB ram 256 GB 32.2030.2030.26. The adaptive brightness doesn't work seemly at all. For example I'll go into a pitch black room and the darkness on the phone screen will not fall below %35-40 which is super bright. I will then go into the settings and shut off auto brightness and turn it back on and the phone will realize it's in a dark room and automatically dim the screen itself to say %8 which is appropriate. I will then travel into a bright room and now the brightness remains at %8 and now I can't see the screen at all. Even after staying in the bright room for a couple minutes the screen brightness does not adjust itself automatically. I will again manually shut off adaptive brightness and turn it back on and the screen will then instantly automatically go back up to for example about 40%, which is appropriate, so it seems like it knows what brightness is appropriate and the function works but it doesn't trigger it's self to change brightness automatically and only after I turn off and on the adaptive brightness it changes the brightness level.
2 REPLIES 2

Mattias_ASUS
Hello
There is another thread regarding this issue and it is under R&D Investigation.
Please feel free to follow that thread: https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/63838/issue-auto-brightness-in-the-dark

ASUS_Bot
Rising Star II
Thread automatically closed due to inactivity. If the reported issue has not been resolved or you require further assistance from one of our moderators, please create a new thread and we will be with you shortly.