This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zenfone8 refuses to charge with USB-PowerDelivery/Qualcomm Quick Charge after 2-3 minutes

cytrus224
Rising Star I
Hey, few months ago i made a topic about not being able to charge the phone with 3rd party chargers.
Zenfone8 clearly has a problem setting a charge profile that works(USB-PD/Qualcomm Quick Charge)
So far i tested 3 charges, 2 of them are Baseus Gan2Pro 65W and Anker Nano II 45w with included usb-c to usb-c cable with the phone and other usb-c to usb-c cables that are 65W, and two cables that support 100W via USB-PD.
Phone charges fine for 2-3 minutes and then it stops charging at all. Please check if USB-PD and Qualcomm Quick Charge works with 3rd party chargers that can charge way more than 30W.
This is not about some 3rd party chargers not being supported. It's about charging standards that phone supports, but they simply don't work.
Heres my previous topic, afaik nothing been done about it.
https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/51232/charging-problem-with-3rd-party-charger/p1
11 REPLIES 11

cytrus224
Rising Star I
Hello Asus, are you aware of the issues with charging? Am i gonna get any assistance or i have to RMA the phone?
@CH_ASUS @ARP_ASUS @Falcon_ASUS @Christine_ASUS @Gustav_ASUS @fussion_ASUS @Irene2_ASUS @keren_ASUS @Mattias_ASUS

cytrus224
Rising Star I
Why i'm being ignored again?

cytrus224
Rising Star I
Hello? Anyone here gonna reply from Asus?

Cyslawo
Rising Star II
Checked with an HP notebook 65W USB-C charger and it works correctly, obviously not with 65W, but it seems like it works just like Asus 30w charger.
screenshot-20220929-205001159.jpg