This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zenfone 8 Sudden Death

ZeninTaichung
Star I

My Zenfone 8 died suddenly when using Google Maps and there is only a black screen with no response even when trying to do a factory reset. It is two months out of warranty. This is my second phone, my first failed 6 months into the warranty. Anyone know of any fixes?

4 REPLIES 4

emmagucci
Star I

Mine died too once. They had to change the whole motherboard. 

Falcon_ASUS

@ZeninTaichung 
We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
Please check the top right corner and kindly share the serial number and details requested in the PM inbox.
Thank you.

nvubu
Rising Star I

My UK Zenfone 8 bricked itself on 20/12 while I was sitting at Heathrow Airport off on holiday - so no phone photos for our Christmas trip, which was really frustrating. I did have a low res tablet with me, so I did manage to take some photos. There was nothing non-standard about the phone, only the DJI Fly app was installed outside the App Store.

I think the Zenfone 8 is a great phone. Shame it won't be coming with me on my trip next week to Africa. Am back to my trusty old 2019 Sony ZX2.

Luckily I still have 6 months of the 2 year warranty left, and it was collected yesterday for it's trip to the Czech repair centre. Hopefully will be fixed.

nvubu
Rising Star I

Just been notified that my phone has been repaired - no details on what has been done - and is on it's way back to me. Unless it arrives tomorrow am, further detail will have to wait until my African trip has been completed.