This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ZenFone 8 Steady Charging not working as expected

atanasuzunov
Star III
It looks there is no difference in charging speed with and without Steady Charging enabled. Charging from 20% up to 80%, in both cases takes ~30 minutes.
All system updates are installed.
That is an important functionality for increasing the battery lifespan.
12 REPLIES 12

sexiclube55
Rising Star I
I use old chargers from previous phones 5V 1.5A(7.5W), 5V 0.85A(4.5W) and i think, this prolong battery lifespan ... This chargers are good for night charging(LOT of tíme) or i use slow chargers when im at work ... I use original fast charger only when im hurry... With 7.5W charger i need from 0 to 100% 3 hours. With 4.5W 5 hours .. this is really slow charging and saves battery... Also good option is 5V2A (10W)

atanasuzunov
Star III
Using a charger from an old phone is a good idea to workaround this issue. Still, it would be better if ASUS could fix that with a system update.

sexiclube55
Rising Star I
I think, is better to use old charger because working steady charging dont limit charging as slow charger

erik_paladin
Rising Star I
I noticed this behaviour and agree that it should be fixed, because even though re-using an old charger is good for the environment, we should be able to use the included charger with all advertised features.