cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zenfone 8 ramdump brick. Data recovery?

gabbador
Star II
Hello guys,
So my girlfriend's Zenfone 8 256GB from July 2021 got bricked from ramdump. Asus is about to pick it up for repair and I see from all the other people that they usually replace the motherboard, meaning your data is just lost. I'm much more interested in getting the pictures back than the phone to be honest.
Any solutions?
I'm guessing a third party repairer would simply replace the motherboard too so no luck there either.
I'm up for all suggestions.
Have a wonderful Sunday all.
6 REPLIES 6

gabbador
Star II
I saw that chip-off recovery of the UFS chip could be an option (keep in mind that I wouldn't be looking if I didn't really care about those pictures)... But given that it's a software issue and not hardware, is there any chance that the chip would be even readable? Should I just give up and try to get a refund from Asus?
I even already contacted data recovery companies but they don't seem optimistic at all (they specialize in hardware damage). Is all hope lost?

Blumi
Rising Star II
gabbador

I saw that chip-off recovery of the UFS chip could be an option (keep in mind that I wouldn't be looking if I didn't really care about those pictures)... But given that it's a software issue and not hardware, is there any chance that the chip would be even readable? Should I just give up and try to get a refund from Asus?

I even already contacted data recovery companies but they don't seem optimistic at all (they specialize in hardware damage). Is all hope lost?

View post
It is most likely an hardware issue you're experiencing. It is very unlikely that you anything out of your phone. I'd rather accept it, if I were you. Send it in for warranty and resell/use it...

erik_paladin
Rising Star I
gabbador

Hello guys,

So my girlfriend's Zenfone 8 256GB from July 2021 got bricked from ramdump. Asus is about to pick it up for repair and I see from all the other people that they usually replace the motherboard, meaning your data is just lost. I'm much more interested in getting the pictures back than the phone to be honest.

Any solutions?

I'm guessing a third party repairer would simply replace the motherboard too so no luck there either.

I'm up for all suggestions.

Have a wonderful Sunday all.

Zenfone 8 ramdump brick. Data recovery?
I suggest you use this opportunity to instruct your girlfriend about the importance of backup.

gabbador
Star II
erik.paladin

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/59108/zenfone-8-ramdump-brick-data-recovery

I suggest you use this opportunity to instruct your girlfriend about the importance of backup.

View post
I bet you're the life of every party