This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zenfone 8 hotspot not working after Android 13 update

sevilla952
Star I

I installed the pushed update for Android 13 on my Zenfone 8, and after that my WiFi hotspot stopped working. The option is no longer under its typical location in Settings > Network & Internet, it must be searched for or accessed via shortcut. I have tried changing all Hotspot settings, factory reset the phone, and I even contacted my wireless provider to confirm service is active for my account. I have read that downgrading to Android 12 enables WiFi functionality again, but I'd like to know how ASUS will address the issue.

80 REPLIES 80

Khiem
Star I

It has been three months almost and they still haven't fixed it. My Zenfone 8 is having the same issues.

Hi @Khiem ,

according to your problem, please refer to the following FAQ to try to troubleshoot your Wi-Fi problem first.

https://www.asus.com/support/faq/1006657/

Also, I have PM you for confirming Wi-Fi issue details.
Could you please check the PM inbox at the top right corner of the screen and kindly provide the requested information?

Thank you.

Khiem
Star I

My issue is with the hotspot, not my wifi connection. This has been an issue since I updated to Android 13.

I had a Hotspot issue from the moment I upgraded to A13. That's why I decided to downgrade to A12 and be done with it, use my phone troublefree.

Hi @Khiem ,

we have sent you a messege in PM box.

Please kindly check the PM box at the top right corner.

Thank you.