This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zenfone 8 hotspot not working after Android 13 update

sevilla952
Star I

I installed the pushed update for Android 13 on my Zenfone 8, and after that my WiFi hotspot stopped working. The option is no longer under its typical location in Settings > Network & Internet, it must be searched for or accessed via shortcut. I have tried changing all Hotspot settings, factory reset the phone, and I even contacted my wireless provider to confirm service is active for my account. I have read that downgrading to Android 12 enables WiFi functionality again, but I'd like to know how ASUS will address the issue.

80 REPLIES 80

@ZT-f8a9bf81, please note that the "Zenfone 8" and "Zenfone 8 Flip" are 2 different devices, so what applies to one might not apply to the other. This thread is about the Zenfone 8 (not Flip). You might need to start a separate thread or search to see if anything has already been posted about that issue on the Zenfone 8 Flip.

I hope you can find a resolution to your Zenfone 8 Flip issue. Good luck!

Yes, downgrade to 12. I still have no other problems than Hotspot not working in 13 but ready to restore Android 12 if I can find the ROM that Asus provided during BETA. Or can a restore to the previous version but achieved without the ROM?

ustaarthur
Star III

You don't need any ROM. Go to the ASUS site and get the firmware and just run the update (downgrade). Make sure you get the correct firmware file. If you need the exact instructions on how to stop Auto-update from automatically updating you back to A13, look in the earlier posts and I have specific steps on how to do that plus get rid of the update notification icon in your system menu.

Hello Arthur,

Not sure how to downgrade. I have downloaded the firmware to the root directory of my phone. Thinking that was how to downgrade. I am not the most experienced in Android but I have side-loaded or installed from SD card before to upgrade or fix phones. Is that what I need to do here?

I have sent a personal message to one of the moderators to ask for any solutions or workarounds they have for the Hotspot. If I don't get any help I will restore Android 12. If I can figure out how. I have the instructions ready when I do, that you shared, on how to disable auto-update.

ustaarthur
Star III

Hello Toltek,

You can follow these steps, it worked for me:

Version Android 13 to Android 12

* Before you start the downgrade, please make sure all pictures, important data finished the backup.
The downgrade process will erase all data to be a new system. ASUS company would not not be responsible for the risk of data loss.

Steps of Update:
1. Download the firmware to internal storage.
2. Remove Google Account.
3. Pull down the quick setting list.
4. The system will pop up a message which detected a firmware update info.
5. Execute the downgrade firmware file.

* If you skip step 5, and you don't know how to trigger the downgrade process again. Please reboot the system, and the downgrade info will pop up again.