This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zenfone 8 Hotspot not working after Android 13 update

ustaarthur
Star III

I got an OTA update on my Zenfone 8 to Android 13, and after that my Hotspot isn't working. The button isn't even moving to ON. I have tried changing all Hotspot settings, factory reset the phone, still not working. I downgraded to A12 and it started working. Updated it back up to A13, again not working.

32 REPLIES 32

I just checked the warranty status of my phone on the Asus website and it is out of warranty.

BTW, how can my phone motherboard be damaged if downgrading to Android 12 makes everything work flawlessly again.

Mine was bought over 12 months ago as well. I rely on my hotspot! A forced beta update that breaks my motherboard is ridiculous if true, but I've also read downgrading to 12 fixes it so...

I just hope a hotfix comes soon. Not that it changes the fact that this should have been caught in testing before being pushed to our phones.

Hello, @ASuspiciousBuy .

Kindly check the top right corner of the screen to share the requested information in the PM inbox.

Thnak you.

I have the same issue, this is creating significant challenges for me. Please advise. Thank you-

Hello, @Plshlp .

Please check the top right corner of the screen and kindly share the details requested in the PM inbox.

Thank you!