This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zenfone 8 hard bricked - systematic problem?

deat997
Star II
I had purchased my Zonefone 8 in May 2021, and after 7 months of use, in December I connected my phone to my ASUS charger supplied with it. I have left my phone for an hour charging, not using it. When I returned, the phone was shut down, was not responding to charging, I could not turn it on, it was hard bricked.
I have sent the phone on the 22th of December to an ASUS Service point (from Hungary to the Czech Republic), where they have examined the phone and found out, that it was irrepairable.
First ASUS Hungary offered to return the purchase price, what I was satisfied with, but now ASUS Europe wants to provide me with a new Zenfone 8. Since the 22th of December I am using a borrowed phone, and as of the 12th of January I still do not have a solution. I am not quite happy with the offered new phone, since suddenly losing the phone and all the data on it, is not something I want to experience again.
I was searching the internet for similar cases to see, whether my problem is an isolated case, and I was just unlucky with my phone, or it is a systematic problem. I have found posts describing very similar cases. I kindly ask you to reply if you have experienced a similar problem, and tell me, what the outcome was.
4 REPLIES 4

PhaGWiZ
Rising Star I
There is a 38 page thread on the forum for this exact issue. This seems like an issue that affected the first batches (04/05-2021). There have not been cases with newer units, but it may just be a question of time until that happens.
https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/52713/zenfone8-stuck-on-waiting-for-flashing-full-ramdump

Falcon_ASUS
deat997

I had purchased my Zonefone 8 in May 2021, and after 7 months of use, in December I connected my phone to my ASUS charger supplied with it. I have left my phone for an hour charging, not using it. When I returned, the phone was shut down, was not responding to charging, I could not turn it on, it was hard bricked.

I have sent the phone on the 22th of December to an ASUS Service point (from Hungary to the Czech Republic), where they have examined the phone and found out, that it was irrepairable.

First ASUS Hungary offered to return the purchase price, what I was satisfied with, but now ASUS Europe wants to provide me with a new Zenfone 8. Since the 22th of December I am using a borrowed phone, and as of the 12th of January I still do not have a solution. I am not quite happy with the offered new phone, since suddenly losing the phone and all the data on it, is not something I want to experience again.

I was searching the internet for similar cases to see, whether my problem is an isolated case, and I was just unlucky with my phone, or it is a systematic problem. I have found posts describing very similar cases. I kindly ask you to reply if you have experienced a similar problem, and tell me, what the outcome was.

Zenfone 8 hard bricked - systematic problem?
@deat997
I have sent you a message, please check.
Sorry for any inconvenience it may be caused. 

landsome
Rising Star II
ZF8User

There is a 38 page thread on the forum for this exact issue. This seems like an issue that affected the first batches (04/05-2021). There have not been cases with newer units, but it may just be a question of time until that happens.

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/52713/zenfone8-stuck-on-waiting-for-flashing-full-ramdump

View post
Is this hard brick the same as the ramdump problem, though?

cicagorio
Rising Star II
andreescul

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/201075#Comment_201075

Is this hard brick the same as the ramdump problem, though?

View post
Probably yes. When the battery drains in Ramdump mode, you cannot charge the phone anymore or turn it on = hard brick