This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zenfone 8 - green tint, possible custom hue?

kudlosh
Star II
Hello,
will you please add a possibility to customize hue (tint) in the custom display settings? If yes, when? If not, why? (:
I'm asking, because I have tried several Zenfone 8 phones and some displays had bad viewing angles (strong purple "waves") or good viewing angles but green tint, to which I'm quite sensitive. Viewing angles cannot be solved, but tint easily can, if there is setting for it. Please let me know.
Best regards,
kudlosh
12 REPLIES 12

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
You can try and overlay like screen balance on play store to mitigate the problem. From experience I can tell you, that you should not expect ASUS to change anything display related. Rog3 users have been waiting over a year now.

kudlosh
Star II
These screen balance apps destroy contrast if the phone is not rooted, which I don't want to do. So this is no go for me 😞
I really don't understand these design decisions. Because other brands and even older Zenfones had this custom hue feature. It's a shame as this setting would solve bad display calibration, and I see no disadvantages in enabling this for us. Win-win, but for some reason they do not want it 😕

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
kudlosh

These screen balance apps destroy contrast if the phone is not rooted, which I don't want to do. So this is no go for me 😞

I really don't understand these design decisions. Because other brands and even older Zenfones had this custom hue feature. It's a shame as this setting would solve bad display calibration, and I see no disadvantages in enabling this for us. Win-win, but for some reason they do not want it 😕

View post
It's related to the display technology used.

kudlosh
Star II
Danishblunt

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/185004#Comment_185004

It's related to the display technology used.

View post
No, display calibration and tint is not related to the technology. Why would you think it is?