This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zenfone 8 Died while taking a photo

Apra
Star I

Hi I was taking a photo today with my zenfone 8 and suddenly the screen went black as I was about to take another photo and it won’t turn on again. I have tried pressing the Power button + volume button, charging it (it won’t show any signal that is connected) it looks basically dead. 

The phone has been always well protected with case cover and tempered glass screen protector. 
It is basically in new condition so this should be some manufacture or software problem.

Now that this happened to me I see many threads with Asus phones dying all of the sudden too.

Can support please help resolve this problem with urgency please as I need to use my phone and access date that is locked in it?

Thank you

5 REPLIES 5

Pawcko
Star II

Exactly the same thing happened to my zenfone 8. It has been under warranty repair in Poland for a week now. I hope it will be quick and efficient.

Hello,  Pawcko.Sorry for the slow reply due to the Lunar New Year holiday.

Please check the top right corner of the screen and kindly share the details requested in the PM inbox.
Thank you!

Jiaszzz_ASUS

Hello,  Apra and thank you for reaching out.

May I ask if you have followed the [Zenfone/Pad] Troubleshooting - Phone can not boot up steps to check if the problem can be fixed?

Meanwile, please check the top right corner of the screen and kindly share the details requested in the PM inbox.

Thank you!

Hello, Pawcko 

Have you sent it in for repair? If so, could you please provide the serial number and RMA number for further assistance? 

Thank you.

CharON4ik
Star I

Hi, I have the same issue.
Well-treated phone. During the video call suddenly turns off. Black screen, no response to the original charger. also, no response to the power button with and without volume up/down buttons. Zenfone 3,4 and 6 are still working fine. 8 is dead after 16 months...