This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zenfone 8 died while in use - did this happen to anyone else?

hirshr
Star II
While i was scrolling around on the phone in suddenly died on me. From scrolling the web to absolute dead in my hands.

It does not charge, it is not recognized by a PC, it does not go in boot mode or anything like that - absolutely dead.
I had it for 1 year and will not fix it as fixing cost will probably be too high

Probably my first and last Asus phone 😞
6 REPLIES 6

keren_ASUS
Hi @hirshr
We're so sorry to hear about this happening to your ZenFone 8. Can you please reach out to customer support, they will be able to help you out with this issue. Thank you!

Contact and Support Options | Official Support | ASUS USA

erik_paladin
Rising Star I
Yeah, if the manufacture date is april or may 2021, it's probably the ramdump issue, and we still don't have any info from Asus about that problem.

Just search for "ramdump" on this forum, there's plenty of cases.

hirshr
Star II
keren_ASUS

Hi @hirshr

We're so sorry to hear about this happening to your ZenFone 8. Can you please reach out to customer support, they will be able to help you out with this issue. Thank you!

https://www.asus.com/us/support/callus

View post
Thanks - Support could not help me. my phone has a slight nick in the frond glass and this is considered "external harm" according to support, so no warranty, and I can easily project repair costs to be a close match with the phone cost (only submitting it into the lab - no repairs done is 15% cost of phone)

hirshr
Star II
erik.paladin

Yeah, if the manufacture date is april or may 2021, it's probably the ramdump issue, and we still don't have any info from Asus about that problem.

Just search for "ramdump" on this forum, there's plenty of cases.

View post
Ive seen it - and I have high suspicion that this is the issue i'm facing... but like you said, this is not widely recognized by Asus and local support providers so they are not really helping me with this