This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zenfone 8 died while charging

electrosk
Star II

I left my phone to charge overnight and I woke up to it dead. Took it to a repair center and they said it was the motherboard, warrenty wont cover it. Not a great feeling when you buy a premium device for 470 quid just to have it die on you 1 year and 8 months later.

8 REPLIES 8

Falcon_ASUS

@electrosk 
We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
Please check the top right corner and kindly share the serial number and details requested in the PM inbox.
Thank you.

leoncarrera
Star III

Sadly you are not the only one. Alike cases are piling up. Please see the link provided below and add you case to it. Don't expect much from Asus here on Zentalk as many others have been disappointed with the lack of service on this matter. The only thing which could make a difference is when Asus just acknowledge the fact that it's their product that breaks down. Your Zenfone died during warranty. You are not to blame your phone died. Like with all the others it happened out of the blue or even after installing an Asus provided update or patch.

You'll get a new motherboard. The issue is known with Asus. Don't let them tell you otherwise. And beware of added cost for handling before you agree to anything. This is a 100% warranty issue.

https://zentalk.asus.com/t5/zenfone-8/to-asus-and-all-owners-of-a-dead-zenfone-8/td-p/405921

electrosk
Star II

Update:
I tried RMA and got this responce from ASUS:
"Unfortunately your device was only sold with a local Warranty to TAIWAN, therefore it can only be repaired in this country.
ASUS does not provide a global warranty for ZenFone products, and we are sorry if this has caused you any inconvenience. We recommend that you receive service from the original country of purchase for (in-warranty | out of warranty) service, which in this case is TAIWAN.  
You can contact our TAIWAN Support Centre on  https://www.asus.com/tw/ support/callus/ , or alternatively we suggest that your return to your place of purchase to see if they can assist you further. "

I guess I have to contact someone from TAIWAN for them to maybe fix this, amazing.....

Exactly. They are saying the same thing to me. I bought this online so i have to go abroad to have it fixed? Hilarious. While mine had errors every 7-8 mos. Its basically a scam. They are asking me to pay the same amount i paid for it originally since its outside global warranty. Either that or go to taiwan. Ridiculous since i did not damge my phone. Its obviously a manufacturer defect. Suddenly not recognizing the sim. Tsk this should be brought to the netter business beaurau or something.