This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zenfone 8 died after android 13 update

Mcarido1986
Star II

Unable to detect wifi after android 13 update and now, my phone literally died. I will no longer purchase any asus product anymore. This is a flagship phone I am not expecting this from a flagship phone. Do not buy zenfone 9 or 10. You might suffer the same thing after updating your phone

6 REPLIES 6

Falcon_ASUS

@Mcarido1986 
We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
Please check the top right corner and kindly share the serial number and details requested in the PM inbox.
Thank you.

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I

Did you try to reset your phone? Might be faulty driver that happened during update, for all the garbage ASUS has been doing lately, you still cannot fault them for bad android update mechanism, this happens on many phones.

From bad to worst. I cant imagine this would happen. I never dropped my phone or damage it in any ways. The issue started when i cannot connect to wifi after the update. I tried to move on with it and used data. I notice that it was very slow when playing mobile games. After a month,that was yesterday,my phone suddenly restarted. And it literally died. It does not turn on when you hold the power button for 1min. I tried holding the volume up and power button for 1 min and nothing happened. Charging light does not turn on when charging it. I wont be upset if im the one who dropped my phone but it happened after updating it. I do not trust asus anymore

Unfortnuately this means your SoC is likely dead or desoldered itself from the logicboard. This is rather common for the chip where OEM's essentially configured the thermal config to high letting the chip get to hot, this issue happens on the Rog5, Rog5S and Mi 11 ultra as well. 

Here an example on the mi11 ultra:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GKH_PpITbXU

He was lucky where his phone only deslodered his chip, some phones however break the SoC entirely and essentially means youll have to fork for a new logicboard which is basicially the price of the entire phone.