cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zenfone 8 died 4 months after warranty - most likely mother board issue

Sztajero88
Star III

Hi,

I have bought the top version of the Zenfone 8 16/256 back in August 2021. On New Year 01.01.2024 phone froze, and after hard reset, it didn't turn on again, and no life can be seen, no charge light, no hard reset, nothing 😞 So phone died 4 months after warranty ended 😞

MFD: 2021.04

Had a quick chat with CS on the diagnostics and possible cost of mother board and, the cost would reach up to 700 EUR 😮

Am I at fault that i trusted Asus with their phones? And now i have really expensive brick?

Can the phone be fixed somehow? Can Asus help, if this is related to faulty motherboards (or solder on it)?

Or Asus can only help me with the 700EUR receipt (a price of a brand new phone almost ;( )

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Sztajero88
Star III

Hey,

So there was a major breakthrough with my phone. And long story short, follow the steps mentioned by Falcon which you will get from him via PM. Later you should get contacted by Asus Support with who you should be able to have a dialogue with next steps and possibile solution to the problem.

And if you get some other message from the department fixing the phone, replay back to Asus Support if this is the correct and final (as there might by small misalignement with automated emails from the fixing unit)

View solution in original post

25 REPLIES 25

Falcon_ASUS

@Sztajero88 
We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
Please check the top right corner and kindly share the serial number and details requested in the PM inbox.
Thank you.

Asus and you think that is it a fair behaviour - it is a known issue with Asus Zenfone 8 and some ROG phones and nothing happen?! NEVER EVER BUY ASUS PRODUCT!

stejk1337
Star I

Mine died too today, phone suddenly go black while using it and no response to anything.  3 months after warranty. Good move Asus... But will never buy asus again 

@stejk1337 
We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
Please check the top right corner and kindly share the serial number and details requested in the PM inbox.
Thank you.