This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zenfone 8 Cannot detect wifi after android 13 update part 2

Mcarido1986
Star II

I bought 2 zenfone 8 and the 1st phone was just repaired and i thank you for helping me.

The 2nd zenfone phone cannot connect to wifi,no hotspot and cannot detect sim 2. This happened after the android 13 update. All troubleshooting steps failed.

Im not surprised that ill encounter the same issue with my 2nd zenfone phone. It appears that the android 13 update caused extreme overheating issue. Seems like my wifi module and sim card kit solders were dissolve by the extreme heat 

This could be a design flaw. Zenfone 8 cannot handle the heat caused by android 13 update. I suggest asus downgrade all zenfone 8 to android 12. The constant heat while using the phone damages all internal parts. If you keep android 13, there is a chance that the life expectancy of zenfone 8 would be 1-2 years only. This is unacceptable considering zenfone 8 is a premium phone and it cost a lot for someone poor as me. I asus can also assist me with the repairs. Thank you

3 REPLIES 3

Falcon_ASUS

@Mcarido1986 
According to what you described, please refer to the following FAQ to try to troubleshoot your Wi-Fi problem first. 
https://www.asus.com/support/faq/1006657
If the issue persists, I have PM you for confirming your product warranty.
Please check the PM inbox at the top right corner of the screen and kindly provide the requested information.
Sorry for any inconvenience it may be caused.

Could you respond to his possible theory of overheating on A13? Seeing as the iPhone 15 has this issue, it wouldn't exactly come as a shock to learn that is what killed my ZF8 in the first place (as I did nothing wrong to cause it to die). I really need to know as I just got it back from RMA with A13 on it. I need to know if I need to downgrade to A12 or even A11. Of course these firmwares are nowhere to be found on ASUS support site anyway. But that's another issue entirely.

IF A13 does cause hardware problems, we all deserve to know.

@Mcarido1986 could you drop a link to your source so I can read it?

This is just my theory but considering it happened to my two phones, most likely its the a13 that caused it. I saw a zenfone 8 for sale in fb which encountered another issue after downloading a13. His zenfone 8 speakers did not work after the update. I hope asus will verify this for this might happen to all zenfone 8 with a13. Seems like the a13 drives the processor to overperform which causes intense heat. I hope asus finally decides to downgrade all zenfone 8 to prevent this issue,otherwise zenfone 8 lifespan would be 1-2 years before a13 fries all the internal circuits