This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zenfone 8 bricked

cowmoo
Star II
I purchased an international spec Zenfone 8 ZS590KS from ebay while in the US, delivered early June. I specifically wanted an international one, that was not yet available in the US, because I was moving to europe soon. It just bricked and won't respond to the normal button presses to reset it (power and volume). It appears to be a common issue with this phone. How can I get this fixed? Will asus Netherlands fix this under warranty for me? Can I get it fixed in the US either? If I have to, I can mail it to whatever country I need to, but the asus website won't tell me which country the serial number belongs to.
6 REPLIES 6

cowmoo
Star II
I tried registering a claim on the asus netherlands website and got this:
Please note that, according to the serial number, your device is not under warranty within the Benelux. A repair can therefore only be done for a fee.
I believe the phone is actually from asia, as I purchased a european spec model in the USA before it was officially released. I want my phone to be fixed, please help me figure this out.

cowmoo
Star II
I tried registering a claim on the asus US website and got:
Unfortunately, we cannot process your request. Currently, ASUS in the US and Canada cannot support products purchased out of country. Please try to return your product to the country or region of purchase for RMA.

th_besch
Rising Star I
This is a shame. Idk perhaps you should try and ask ebay for help? At least this is a globally acting company...

martinparker28
Rising Star II
th.besch

This is a shame. Idk perhaps you should try and ask ebay for help? At least this is a globally acting company...

View post
So is ASUS....why should ebay be held responsible?, ASUS should know by the serial number where the phone was built and advise where the repair should be done.