This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zenfone 8 bricked while charging

Dalexandru20
Star I

At two weeks after going out of warranty(2 years and 2 weeks since bought), the phone bricked today while charging... I tried everything that s usually known in this situations:  hold the power button for more than 20 seconds, power button+volume button(up or down ...)... nothing. 

The PC won't see the phone if I try to connect it, if I connect the charger there's no LED light...

Any Idea what to try next? (I'm not worried about the phone but I m afraid that what's on it will be lost)

The phone wasn't hit, splashed or anything like that, it simply crashed... And it's sad the fact that it happened just after it went out of warranty, it's not ok, I've had lots of phones from various brands, all were kept in a decent state, like this one, and this is the first time  it happens to me. 

6 REPLIES 6

DeMoNeN
Star III

I'm in the exact same situation you're in but with my previous ZenFone 7 Pro. 

What happened with it? One night going to bed I forgot to plug the charger in and the battery drained. Waking up to a superdead phone not responding to any keycombos or anything. 

Solution? From what I've read just replacing the battery to a new one. 

nvubu
Rising Star I

Please post your details in the thread titled "To Asus and all owners of a dead Zenfone 8"

@DeMoNeN - sounds different from the ZF8 issues which require a new motherboard. Post in the above anyway.

Falcon_ASUS

@Dalexandru20 
We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
Please check the top right corner and kindly share the serial number and details requested in the PM inbox.
Thank you.

Tom7
Star I

Exactly the same happened to me today.

2 years and 2 days after purchasing my Zenfone 8 is bricked. Probably battery drained during night, not possible to charge anymore, black screen, hard reset does not work.

Indeed it's not okay that this happens a few days after warranty.

Did you find any solution yet?