cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WiFi Disabled in ZenFone 8

gkamaljith
Star I

Hi Team,

Would like to report that my phone has also got the widespread WiFi issue after the latest firmware update. However, the only solution I found was to factory reset the phone which was not feasible for me until today. But unfortunately, I have found that the issue still persists even after the factory reset. Kindly let me know if there is any fix on this issue, have you realeased any firmware updates?

5 REPLIES 5

Falcon_ASUS

@gkamaljith 
According to what you described, please refer to the following FAQ to try to troubleshoot your Wi-Fi problem first. 
https://www.asus.com/support/faq/1006657 
If the issue persists, I have PM you for confirming your product warranty.
Please check the PM inbox at the top right corner of the screen and kindly provide the requested information.
Sorry for any inconvenience it may be caused.

gkamaljith
Star I

From the forum I understand that this issue is caused by a bug in the firmware/ software update released by Asus. And expecting the customer to take the burden is not the right thing to do, especially on such a competitive market. 

I have tried the steps as per FAQ before I came to the forum for support. Replying here just to inform the other users like me, who'll be coming here looking for a solution. "Asus is expecting customers to contact the service center and get it 'repaired', and offers a free support only to the devices under warranty (for a 3-year-old release)."

gkamaljith
Star I

@Falcon_ASUS Any chance of an action taken by Asus to address this issue, or the motherboard issue? Or will it be ignored, and advice the users to move on?

Falcon_ASUS

@gkamaljith 
I have sent you a message again, please check.
Thank you.