Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi and hotspot can't turn on after A13 update And latest security update

Hildaaa
Star II

Hi Asus team...
I have a problem can't turn on wifi and hotspot, it doesn't work at all
It all started after I updated Android 13 and the latest security update, suddenly when I opened the WhatsApp chat application my phone died and when I turned on, wifi and the hotspot couldn't connect.

I've tried the FAQ to troubleshoot this wifi, And have also done a factory reset, But that didn't work it still won't turn on

This is very important because for me to work, and I went to the service center where I was placed, the costs Repair were very expensive, like a new phone, I bought a Zenfone 8 for long term needs, But what I got was a problem even though I had only used it for more than a year, it was very difficult to pay for repairs...

my Zenfone 8 warranty period has expired, can I get an additional warranty?

I attached the screenshot, thank you.

23 REPLIES 23

Yeah, it was just a shot in the dark. Sorry it did not help. I was just wondering why ssid was set to 'hide', since I did not remember doing that on purpose by myself. 

Aureliannn_ASUS

Hi @Hildaaa 

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
Please check the top right corner and kindly share the serial number and details requested in the PM inbox.

Thank you!

satrya
Star I

same here, wifi won't connect for my Zenfone 8 after A13

Hi @satrya 

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
Please check the top right corner and kindly share the serial number and details requested in the PM inbox.

Thank you.

the same for me too, after updating to android 13 wifi and also hotspot no longer work.
I find it really outrageous that Asus does nothing about these very serious problems! I wanted to evaluate the purchase of a zenfone 9 but with this type of assistance I certainly won't.
I think asus must come out with an update for zenfone 8 urgently!!