This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where is the "Unlock Device Tool"?

benjamin10
Star III

I bought myself a new Asus Zenfone 8 ZS590KS and want to install Lineage OS. It is sayed on the Lineage OS Site, that the modell is officially supported.

But I cannot find the Tool to unlock the Bootloader. It should be in the Drivers section to be downloaded. But I cannot find it there.

1. Where is the Tool and where can it be downloaded?

2. How can i unlock the bootloader as to install Lineage OS?

9 REPLIES 9

benjamin10
Star III

Yeah it really seems to be a pity, that it is said to be an officially supported device but it is not. As far as I see, at this time it is not possible to unlock the bootloader. Unfortunately I think this means it is not possible to install Lineage OS...Hopefully someone knows an answer to this bad situation.

benjamin10
Star III

Asus support seems to have said, that the Unlock Tool should be available at Q3/2023. So the only thing is to wait. I wonder–is there no other strategy to unlock the bootloader besides the Asus Tool? I am right in the assumption, that this is not the case because to unlock the bootloader the Unlock Tool gets keys and tokens from the server while doing the Unlocking procedure?

HAMZA1
Star II

Voici la réponse du service client Asus

Customer Service Feedback

Dear mister ****,

There will no longer be maintained for Device Unlock App.

We apologize for any inconvenience caused and your consideration will be very much appreciated.

Thank you for your continued support and patronage.

If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us again.

Kinfdregard,
Sofian,
SAV ASUS France
Hotline : 01 70 94 94 00

thiago77
Star I

Hello, you can still download Unlock Device App for Zenfone 8 through this link: https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/ZenFone/ZS590KS/AsusUnlock_1.0.0.7_210127_fulldpi.apk?model=ZenFo...)

benjamin10
Star III

Yes true you can download and update it. But it does not work 😉 So still it is just frustrating that Asus said that the Unlocking Tool will be available in 03 2023 but they did not hold their word. Insofar I think it might be my only Asus phone in the future. Locking the phone up so that the costumer cannot decide over the hardware is just very frustrating and even more when the phone is said to have unlocking support for the bootloader.

Hopefully the will be as responsible as to tell the devs von xda how to unlock it without the Unlocking Tool.