This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VoLTE/Wi-Fi calling with Drillisch (Germany)

belegdol
Rising Star I

Hello,

I have recently switched my carrier from Freenet to one of the Drillisch brands (handyvertrag.de). With Freenet both VoLTE and Wi-Fi calling options were available, with the new SIM neither of them is. Who is to blame? ASUS, the carrier, or both? And can anything be done to remedy this situation? I do not really want to be stuck with 2G calls for two years. Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4

belegdol
Rising Star I

Allegedly support for VoLTE has to be added to the device firmware for each network separately, and allegedly both Zenfone 9 and 10 have received an update adding it already. Please may you provide an update for Zenfone 8 as well? Security patch more recent than November would be nice too. Thank you in advance.

belegdol
Rising Star I

Ping @Falcon_ASUS. Is this something you can look into? If the updates have been provided for newer Zenfones, it would suggest that 1&1 have shared the necessary configuration with Asus.

Hello @belegdol 

Unfortunately, the ZF8 does not support VoLTE/Wi-Fi calling with Drillisch in Germany. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

belegdol
Rising Star I

Thanks for the the response @keren_ASUS and for confirming lack of support. The follow-up question would be if anything can be done about that. Allegedly ZF9 and later do support VoLTE/Wi-Fi calling with Drillisch, so there is a precedent.