cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VoLTE and Wifi Calling on Zenfone 8

lukasz_szabelsk
Rising Star II
Hi all,
Does anyone know if we can expect enabling VoLTE and Wifi Calling in european networks? I can only see in settings that icons for these options are available to enable at notification bar:
screenshot-20210518-120433796.png

Also as call quality is quite poor, can we expect some improvement with software updates as enabling HD Voice codecs?
Best,
Lukasz
265 REPLIES 265

Cyslawo
Rising Star II
lukasz.szabelski

If it's true about Orange PL, ZF8 will be my first and last Asus. I'll wait when my warranty ends and swap to some Samsung S series phone. Flagship phone shouldn't have problems like ZF8

View post
In this case i would like to swap carrier, if they have working settings, but banning users phones anyway.

lukasz_szabelsk
Rising Star II
Cyslawo

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/182686#Comment_182686

In this case i would like to swap carrier, if they have working settings, but banning users phones anyway.

View post
Believe me that there are cases when for some reasons users won't change their operator 😉 For now I have two workarounds if I need to use WiFi Calling: 1. buy DT Poland sim with prepaid and insert it into SIM2slot - use only when wificalling needed. 2. Don't get rid off my old LG G7 and use it when WiFiCalling needed. In two years I'll get rid off ZF8 and my problems will be fully resolved 😉

pipsss81
Rising Star I
Is VoLte that much better than HD voice? I get that before HD voice was enabled, it was really huge difference, but now we have it and call quality is very good.
But i get it that some do not have good reception and need to use VoWifi for calls.

mickey_underwea
Star III
Hi Asus,
Any idea when will VOLTE comes to Singapore?

Cyslawo
Rising Star II
pipsss81

Is VoLte that much better than HD voice? I get that before HD voice was enabled, it was really huge difference, but now we have it and call quality is very good.

But i get it that some do not have good reception and need to use VoWifi for calls.

View post
There's no big difference between HD Voice vs VoLTE in qudio quality. The only thing is that 3G support by carriers will be dropped in about 3-4 years. But i think that since then they all should enable 4G calling like 3G today - just out of the box.