cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VoLTE and Wifi Calling on Zenfone 8 Telenor NO

svein_vidar
Star I
Hi
What's the status on VoLTE and Wifi Calling on Zenfone 8 in Norway (Telenor)?
29 REPLIES 29

frode_nesvold
Star III
Asus is saying "That being said, we are actively working towards this goal with them..." So crossing fingers that them is Telenor and that it will infact be solved.
I like the phone , even though voice quality is really poor.

frode_nesvold
Star III
CH_ASUS

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/176157#Comment_176157

ASUS loads the mbn settings , which we need to receive from Telenor.

There is no such thing as "we just do it".

We can use a default set of mbn and IMS settings for Telenor - but the chance of issues is very high.

As such operators and device manufacturers generally cowork together to ensure stability - we've done it with Telia, Tele2, Ice, Hi3G and coming up Elisa.

Telenor would not be different. Telenor's customer service agent may not have all the background information.

That being said, we are actively working towards this goal with them - the timeline however is very unsure.

View post
Hi Asus, any news on this?

joerund
Star III
Its a lost cause. Just get a better phone and jump ship instead of bothering with this shit. Dont have the time or patience with this leve of service. Many better products on the Market.

HyperC
Star II
frode.nesvold

Asus is saying "That being said, we are actively working towards this goal with them..." So crossing fingers that them is Telenor and that it will infact be solved.

I like the phone , even though voice quality is really poor.

View post
But why is voice quality very poor on this phone ?
And why dont they fixed it ?

frode_nesvold
Star III
I am not sure, but might be that we have gotten used to the voice quality of VoLTE and when you loose that, everything sounds distorted/muffled.
@asus.zenfone8 @CH_ASUS any news/time frame for Telenor VoLTE? What's the current feedback from Telenor?