This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update plans to adjust display tuning at 90hz?

rensenware
Star I
I see it's a known problem on here that, at 90hz, the contrast and colors are noticeably washed out at lower brightness, even being noticeable at higher brightnesses to me to a degree where I don't use auto refresh rate to avoid the visible transition in colors. From what I understand this tuning can be updated with firmware updates- are there any plans for that? It would remove a big annoyance for me with having to manually adjust the refresh rate to avoid color changes when I would rather either stick to 90hz or auto. Thank you.
2 REPLIES 2

keren_ASUS
Hi Resenware,
This experience is typical/normal with OLED dysplays since they tend to perform better at medium or high brigthness. If this causes sensitivity issues, please use 60 or 120 Hz for low brightness conditions.
Thank you!

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
rensenware

I see it's a known problem on here that, at 90hz, the contrast and colors are noticeably washed out at lower brightness, even being noticeable at higher brightnesses to me to a degree where I don't use auto refresh rate to avoid the visible transition in colors. From what I understand this tuning can be updated with firmware updates- are there any plans for that? It would remove a big annoyance for me with having to manually adjust the refresh rate to avoid color changes when I would rather either stick to 90hz or auto. Thank you.

Update plans to adjust display tuning at 90hz?
They can but given from how the Rog3 has been treated it's unlikely. Not because of incometence, but most likely due to licenseing issues with calibration companies.