This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Speakers' volume fluctuates

Kleshar
Star III
I have purchased a Zenfone 8, 256/16 model version. 
When hearing music at high volume with the Internal stereo speakers on every kind of app (YouTube, Internal music player, VLC, etc.) the music/sound starts going up and down with no reason at random intervals: it literally fluctuates. Trying to enjoy some music is impossible. I've tried to contact support but they just asked me regular stuff. Their conclusion? " Here's your RMA module, we need to repair your smartphone " 
I find it really odd, i am pretty sure this is not a hardware-related problem. Why? Because I've switched smartphone and the previous one has the same audio-related problem. I'm coming from a 3 months old Google Pixel 5 running on android 11.
All the people i know are noticing my issue. I have also other android devices equipped with stereo speakers: these devices are on previous android versions and they all sound perfect when listening to music. 
Note: I've tried everything with zero success. Notifications' sound and bluetooth are always turned off. It's not an app-related problem : I've tried to play music from a clean factory-reset device with no google account connected and zero apps. Result? No success.
Another note: i have not tried playing music on an external bluetooth stereo speaker. I don't have that kind of item and i have no intention to purchase it at the moment.
I just want to know if you have my same problem or if you have any kind of suggestion.
I think this is just a heavy bug related to android 11 or... well, I could just be the unluckiest smartphone user in the world, buying two new smartphones with the same identical problem: it's almost like winning the lottery. 😂
Thank you.  
27 REPLIES 27

Kleshar
Star III
Anders_ASUS

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/173667#Comment_173667

I've never noticed this fluctuation myself. Is it possible for you to record it with another device maybe? And if you have the possibility to put a phone with a dB meter app running next to it while running a constant test tone from youtube, that would be great too.

View post
i wanted to link here a video I've posted as "unlisted" on my YouTube channel about the fluctuation's problem (I've tried to record it) but your forum gives me the following message: " You have to be around for a little while longer before you can post links."
Here's the modified link about the video, remove the space after the dot:
youtu. be/HmI8POdTQGY
This is all I could record. I couldn't use professional equipment: i had to use 2 other smartphones. One to calculate DBs (not an accurate tool) and one to record video and audio. You can clearly hear from the video the song's audio having clear fluctuations but it is way worse if listened live: I've recorded everything with a smartphone, not with professional equipment so this is not 100% accurate.

CH_ASUS
Community Legend II
With outdoor mode enabled - we can reproduce it.
I'm a bit unsure about "normal high volume" however, which some are reporting here.

We're addressing the 'Outdoor mode' part at least and we'll keep testing the normal high volume, when outdoor mode is off.

Kleshar
Star III
CH_ASUS

With outdoor mode enabled - we can reproduce it.

I'm a bit unsure about "normal high volume" however, which some are reporting here.

We're addressing the 'Outdoor mode' part at least and we'll keep testing the normal high volume, when outdoor mode is off.

View post
i can 100% confirm that i always have this problem with no outdoor mode activated. Same problem for the pixel 5,as i have already written before.

abhineet150
Rising Star I
I think this should get tuned and tweaked by Asus dev for the time being
And Google should be made aware of this bug
Kleshar

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/174436#Comment_174436

i can 100% confirm that i always have this problem with no outdoor mode activated. Same problem for the pixel 5,as i have already written before.

View post
and work to fix in upcoming Android 12

shazadz
Star III
I think it's kinda fixed in android 12 beta on my pixel,sent my asus zenfone 8 back today for a refund but keeping an eye on here if issues like overheating,battery drain,speaker fluctuations etc get sorted in near future then may give it another shot, keep reporting problems and hopefully Asus can sort them out. Regards