This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow screen wake up + Game Genie system mode change

b0ttl3m4n
Rising Star I
I noticed that using a third party launcher the screen wake up is significantly slower. Changed to the standard launcher for a second and back to my own, that speeds it up again. Seems like the wake up is connected to the launcher which gets closed in the background when using a different one. Also, I noticed that Game Genie offers no option to change the power mode when starting selected apps, that would be a great addition! I'm really happy with this phone so far, I hope these two minor issues can get fixed 🙂
11 REPLIES 11

Kleshar
Star III
Yes, That's one of the many software problems which riddle this device. I am using Nova Launcher and I've had the same problem since i have purchased this phone.
-Instruction for other users who have the "slow screen wake" issue and are searching for a temporary fix, as already suggested by OP-
This temporary fix will work until you'll turn off/restart the device. In order to have a regular wake up for the screen with a 3rd party launcher, you need to go to settings-apps-preset apps, then select "starting app" (or something like that, I'm using the Italian version of the Os), select "Asus launcher" and after that select again your 3rd party launcher. Problem fixed, now the screen will always wake up at regular speed until you'll power off/restart the device. Repeat again after rebooting your device to have your temporary fix again.

Let's hope developers will see this thread and will permanently fix this problem together with all the other problems which this smartphone has since day 1.

b0ttl3m4n
Rising Star I
It's an annoying little issue but luckily easy to fix. Putting Asus Launcher into "not optimized" mode in the Battery optimization menu seems to do the trick! Please try it and see if it works for you too to eliminate other factors if possible 🙂

Irene2_ASUS
Zen Master I
Hi @b0ttl3m4n,
I'm glad you found a solution that works for you. 😊
For the Game Genie suggestion you can add it to "Ideas for Next" section https://zentalk.asus.com/en/categories/ideas

Kleshar
Star III
b0ttl3m4n

It's an annoying little issue but luckily easy to fix. Putting Asus Launcher into "not optimized" mode in the Battery optimization menu seems to do the trick! Please try it and see if it works for you too to eliminate other factors if possible 🙂

View post
Ok, this fixes the problem even after powering off/rebooting the device 🙂 Great job!