cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM card problem

Bodz
Star I
Hi,

Since the latest update (30.12.112.72) I noticed a pretty annoying bug with my SIM card. At any time in the day, it will shut all my data an voice call. It feels like I don't have any SIM card in my phone and it says "non valid SIM card". The only way to get back to a normal situation is by rebooting the phone. Airplane mode doesn't do anything.
Has anyone noticed the same issue?
I'm going to switch to a new SIM card and hope it fixes the issue.
Thanks
screenshot-20211227-114946743.jpg

3 REPLIES 3

Irene2_ASUS
Zen Master I
Hi @Bodz,
1.Does this happen in both SIM card slots?
2.Are you able to try same sim card on a different device to rule out any sim card damage issue?
3.If issue continues you could back up your data and perform a "Factory Reset".

Dantag
Star I
Irene2_ASUS

Hi @Bodz,

1.Does this happen in both SIM card slots?

2.Are you able to try same sim card on a different device to rule out any sim card damage issue?

3.If issue continues you could back up your data and perform a "Factory Reset".

View post
I started having the same issue since one month ago.
I need to have 2 active sim cards and the slot 1 stopped to work.
I tried everything possible except the hard reset (that I would do once the A12 OTA decides to pop out).
The extremely rare time the phone manages to turn on both SIM cards, as soon as I put it in airplane mode, at the wake up the slot 1 says there's an error with the sim.
Do you confirm it's just a software bug and I don't need to send the phone for repair?

Thankyou

Kiki2
Star II

I would be also interested in these answers. I have also the problem that my SIM card in both slots is not getting detected. But I know it's not my card - my card is working in another phone.