cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Screen protectors and fingerprint sensor

tor_bjornebole2
Star II
Hi all.
I'm awaiting my Zenfone 8, and am pondering which screen protector to get.
I've seen a few complaints about the performance of the fingerprint sensor when using screen protectors, and am wondering what kind of experience you all have. Have any of you had any success with a particular type? For example, does plastic work better than glass?
8 REPLIES 8

davidok0608
Star II
I bought tempered glass and removed it after a week or so. Not only it had black frame which was narrower than the diaplay, but fingerprint sensor worked much worse - slower!

laci_kara
Rising Star I
The app also tells You to apply screen protector before you set fingerprint. It is expected to have issues if You add protector later.

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
I've seen his video and his reader has a hard time to enroll his fingerprint. I've asked him to remove the protector and try again. If there no improvement, then he needs to visit a service center

tor_bjornebole2
Star II
laci.kara

The app also tells You to apply screen protector before you set fingerprint. It is expected to have issues if You add protector later.

View post
That makes sense. Then the sensor readings will be calibrated with the screen protector on. I'm going to test out a Copter plastic screen protector. Hopefully it works if I add it before registering fingerprints.