This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roaming Sim Card Iliad Italy Service Provider.

micheledga
Star III
Good day,
I'm Italian, with Iliad Sim Card Italian. I'm unable to get 2g/3g/4g data roaming, I can call only.

Currently I'm in Malta Island
I called the Iliad support, I talk with a technical dept., We tried all automatic e manuale settings, but I can't get any data roaming signal. Same sim card works perfectly on Xiaomi Phone.
I tried also Tim, Vodafone, Wind, any sim card works on Asus ZenFone 8
Please help me,
Thanks
10 REPLIES 10

micheledga
Star III
Hello any news?🇲🇹

Vasile_Corneliu
Rising Star II
I think it's Malta related. I'm on Iliad also. Roaming exist on paper. For example on my trip data was available in Slovenia, NOT in Hungary, but OK in Romania. Try to select MANUAL the local providers and not let Auto decide. I found it works for example in Romania when I chosen Orage instead of Vodafone... Or viceversa 😂

micheledga
Star III
Thank you for your reply.
I tried all the best for fix this issue, but my SIM card Works correctly on other Android phone like Samsung s10 and and xiaomi mi9.
i did all procedures, automatically and manual. I've copied all APN settings from Xiaomi and Samsung and are correct.
I think this issue is related on that Zenfone8, I'm working on EU countries from 1 month and I'm scared that I will without roaming in all eu countries.
This is the first time that i spent 620€ of phone. Before with Xiaomi I was able to have roaming in all Eu countries. I think I will send back for double check or sell.

CH_ASUS
Community Legend II
micheledga

Thank you for your reply.

I tried all the best for fix this issue, but my SIM card Works correctly on other Android phone like Samsung s10 and and xiaomi mi9.

i did all procedures, automatically and manual. I've copied all APN settings from Xiaomi and Samsung and are correct.

I think this issue is related on that Zenfone8, I'm working on EU countries from 1 month and I'm scared that I will without roaming in all eu countries.

This is the first time that i spent 620€ of phone. Before with Xiaomi I was able to have roaming in all Eu countries. I think I will send back for double check or sell.

View post
Hi

Sorry we are not able to get back to you fast enough but this issue is at this moment beyond us - we can't really tell why your operator + Zenfone does not roam in Malta... if you would like to return the device, it is understandable.

micheledga
Star III
Hi
Sir I must to be honest, I bet on Asus for the support after market. I bought for that reason.
Thanks you for your kindly reply and understanding.
I was really surprised about the OTA of today, but it doesn't help me.
I will come back in Italy at the end of month

I bet for this time, for have an OTA about Italians mobile operators.
If not, can I pass that ticket to the Italian's Asus support center?
Thanks you